cold chain solution..
alop.. yesterday I went to BiotechCorp at Jalan Ampang for a half day seminar. It’s about cold chain solution. The bruch talk (bruch= breakfast+lunch – maybe..HAHaahaA..) was given by people from World Courier.. It’s on how your wanna sent your sample (mainly biological sample) either domestic or internationally.. Actually it’s a kind of promoting their services..aiyoo.. so, the talk started at 10am until 12pm (finished before 12 actually). Quite ok, but still have some info that I don’t know before.. Some info about this seminar…
If your sample is temperature vital; exe: cryogenics, the method to transit the sample is below -80 deg C, you have to use liquid nitrogen
If your sample is in deep freezing type, (-80 to -60 deg C) use dry ice
And if your sample is freezing type (-18 to 0 deg C), please just use gel packs.
It’s because, if you use wrong preservation materials (PM), your product maybe will too hot or too cold – will effect the life of samples.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN TRANSIT THE SAMPLE
- Transit time – make sure for preservation materials (dry ice, gel packs..) is enough for the time of sending to the destination. Need to change or top up if not enough at a certain time and place
- Transit temperature – Be sure about the temperature of the sample origin place, transit, destination and during aircraft (temperature may change from malaysia to london exe..)
- Product size – make sure the PM is enough for sample size; not too much or less
- Refrigerant volume – always filled up any free space; for better temperature control and vandilation (Any filling material should be tested first for effectiveness)
- Never use papers (including newspaper) or bubble wrap to fill the space of box
- Use polystyrene pieces to fill the space
- No need to wrap the dry ice with any materials
- Can pack the material first before the pick up man came, but have to stored the packaging inside cold room.
- There’s a method on how to distribute/ locate your sample, PM and fillers – need to go to seminar for further info..HIkhikhSS..
That’s all for now.. Any question, contact me.. (Seems to be expert jer..yo yo oo…)- no lah, will be answered if realy sure…(and if get correct answer for the questions…ahahaaa..)